Controlling Logistics Vendors – Strategy and Tactics
It is no secret that not all logistics vendors are ethical and scrupulous. And when you are stuck with one who is not scrupulous, your company can go through hell because so much of your company’s customer perception depends on how your logistics vendor performs.
If the logistics vendors have built inextricable hooks into your business then it will be very hard to get rid of them, no matter how bad is their performance.
And, they will do everything in their power to build those links early into the contract for exactly that reason.
So, what are the secrets to controlling logistics vendors?
- How can you make sure that your logistics vendors perform as per the spirit of the contract, and not just legalese in a very complex contract?
- How can you make sure that you are getting charged a reasonable price for the service?
- How can you make sure there are no surprises in terms of extra charges?
- How can you reconcile the logistics invoices to the contract, and to a factual record of the work performed where a reasonable auditor would accept them as fully reconciled?
- How can you get accurate information about the logistics tasks performed on your behalf, so that you can monitor the performance of the logistics vendors in a reasonable manner?
While it may be impossible to do all this on 100% basis day after day, minute after minute, with the current state of technology, it is becoming a lot easier to do these things to a reasonable level than it was in the past.
This report provides guidelines on how you can combine your experience with the techniques we have used in the past to choose the right logistics vendors, and control the logistics process in your company where vendors work for you and not vice versa.
If you want more information on this report – click here…
There are no reviews yet.