THE ART OF "REALLY" KNOWING YOUR CUSTOMERS
“When Necessity Speaks, It Demands.”
Oil, petrol and gases are an integral part to most all economies and daily life. These fossil fuels are used for manufacturing, heating, transportation and much more. Due to the limited supply and nature of the products there is much volatility in pricing causing sudden demand fluctuations. These fluctuations in price affect business and people alike down the economic ladder, which in turn is fueling the shift towards “greener” less oil dependent means of operation. Which has, quid pro quo, affected the oil, petrol and gases industry as well. Many companies are now conducting R&D for a more sustainable means to energy production.
Larger companies dominate the industry but it is possible for smaller companies to compete by specialization along with efficient operations. Larger companies gain their advantage through bulk holding facilities and also through price negotiationis from suppliers. Larger companies use their ability to store inventory, creating profit, by controlling the supply to consumers.
Technological advances in the industry have created room for improvement in many companies’ distribution tactics, inventory options and purchasing strategies. Technical expertise in the field is becoming more important than ever. Advances in the industry include long-distance pipelines, refineries capable of processing multiple grades of crude oil and gases as well as advances in storage facilities have all opened doors to various ways of lessening market fluctuations.
Problems In The Industry:
- Inefficient distribution methods
- Poor inventory management
- Network (market) penetration
- Sourcing & Procurement
At Global Supply Chain Group our team will work tirelessly to ensure your company is at the pinnacle of supply chain technology, giving your company the highest profitability available
Today, Vivek and his partners are among 20-30 people on the planet earth who have this deep understanding of supply chain systems, practices and tools. CEOs, COOs, executives and Boards call them in most challenging situations once they know the full potential of supply chain based transformations. Following are key milestones in Vivek's journey:
- Started in 1983 as a merchant navy cadet at 18 years age, worked his way to qualify as a Captain – qualified to take command of any merchant ship, worldwide.
- Earned a top tier MBA from UNSW at the top of his class.
- Joined highly regarded strategy consulting firm Booz Allen & Hamilton, consulting to the CEOs, Boards and senior management of global corporations within Australia.
- To learn and specialise in supply chain – against all odds, sought out the co-inventor of supply chain in Germany and convinced him to be a partner in his firm, GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN GROUP, launched in January 2000.
- More than 500 successful blue chip projects with high impact business transformations in large corporations using the full power of SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
- 4 Seminal and path breaking business books IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT – these are available in bookstores and universities and libraries worldwide.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
Our Clients say it better than we ever could:
Our Clients come from a variety of industries – yet they have a common element. They rarely rest on their laurels, and are always looking to do better.
OUR PROJECTS - EFFECTIVE TRANSFORMATIONS
In the last 20 years we have completed more than 500 projects. Click below to see a sample of our projects.
EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT A SUPPLY CHAIN CAREER
NOW Is The Best Time To Take YOUR Career Seriously:Y