THE ART OF "REALLY" KNOWING YOUR CUSTOMERS
“A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step.”
The fast moving consumer goods industry is composed of both food and non-food products. The products have a very short shelf life either due to high demand or a rapid rate of product deterioration. The high demand can cause transportation and distribution costs to be quite high. Fast moving consumer goods generally have low profit margins. Large sales quantities help companies in the industry to realize significant gains on the products sold.
Companies in the fast moving consumer goods industry are often required to track immense quantities of products, the use of advanced computer and product identification systems is almost necessary to ensure proper inventory usage. It is very important in this industry for companies to properly manage their product, inventory shrink can be a significant source of loss without proper management.
Noted Problem Areas In The Fast Moving Consumer Goods Industry:
- Supply chain strategies
- Inventory optimisation
- Sourcing & Procurement
- Network optimisation
Supply Chains are our specialty at Global Supply Chain Group we will work with your company to ensure your inventory is managed properly as well as implementing the best strategy for distribution and acquisition of your products.
Today, Vivek and his partners are among 20-30 people on the planet earth who have this deep understanding of supply chain systems, practices and tools. CEOs, COOs, executives and Boards call them in most challenging situations once they know the full potential of supply chain based transformations. Following are key milestones in Vivek's journey:
- Started in 1983 as a merchant navy cadet at 18 years age, worked his way to qualify as a Captain – qualified to take command of any merchant ship, worldwide.
- Earned a top tier MBA from UNSW at the top of his class.
- Joined highly regarded strategy consulting firm Booz Allen & Hamilton, consulting to the CEOs, Boards and senior management of global corporations within Australia.
- To learn and specialise in supply chain – against all odds, sought out the co-inventor of supply chain in Germany and convinced him to be a partner in his firm, GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN GROUP, launched in January 2000.
- More than 500 successful blue chip projects with high impact business transformations in large corporations using the full power of SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
- 4 Seminal and path breaking business books IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT – these are available in bookstores and universities and libraries worldwide.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
Our Clients say it better than we ever could:
Our Clients come from a variety of industries – yet they have a common element. They rarely rest on their laurels, and are always looking to do better.
OUR PROJECTS - EFFECTIVE TRANSFORMATIONS
In the last 20 years we have completed more than 500 projects. Click below to see a sample of our projects.
EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT A SUPPLY CHAIN CAREER
NOW Is The Best Time To Take YOUR Career Seriously:Y