If YOU Do Not Invest In Yourself -
Who Will Bet On You?
Our Quick Notes On Supply Chain Restructuring
Are You Ready To Move Your Career Up A Notch?
Savings Service And Supply Chain Continuity
Our Quick Notes On Supply Chain Restructuring
Part of our new “Quick Notes” series – this report answers your most pertinent questions of the topic.
Do not be deceived by their short nature – these notes are only 25 pages or so. But these are 25 pages of potent dynamite that will supercharge your thinking in the right direction.
Included are quick notes and some of the frequently asked questions (FAQs) on supply chain restructuring that we have encountered in our workshops, seminars, and other forums.
- What is supply chain restructuring?
- How do supply chain restructuring projects differ from other supply chain improvement projects or supply chain cost reduction projects?
- What does everyone immediately think about organisational restructure whenever supply chain restructuring is mentioned?
- What are the benefits of supply chain restructuring?
- What are the risks of supply chain restructuring?
- Can you make it real by giving us some examples of supply chain restructuring projects?
- When we should carry out supply chain restructuring, and when we should not carry out supply chain restructuring?
- Are internal teams enough for supply chain restructuring? When should we look for external help for supply chain restructuring?
- What are some general guidelines for successful supply chain restructuring projects?
- Who should lead a supply chain restructuring project?
- What magnitude of expenses are normal for a supply chain restructuring project which will saving x amount of dollars?
- What kind of help is available externally for supply chain restructuring projects, and what value does it bring?
If you do not act on what you know, then you have no advantage over the person who does not know what you know. Feel free to ask more questions if your particular question is not answered in these notes.
Why we are qualified to write these notes?
Over the last three decades we have led and worked on more than 500 projects in supply chain restructuring in dozens of industries and countries.
VERY FEW PEOPLE KNOW SUPPLY CHAINS LIKE WE DO – Retail, beverages, food, milk, dairy, meat, livestock, explosives, chemicals, cotton, rice, graphite, solar power, natural gas, crude oil, fertilizers, electronics, packaging, glass manufacturing, machine parts, automobiles, industrial goods, mining, etc are just some of the industries where boards and executives have benefited from our proprietary knowledge.
Since when no one had heard of supply chain, our co-founder Vivek Sood has been considered one of the most authoritative professionals in the field when it comes to the subject of supply chains restructuring in his clients’ corporations in Australia, Asia, North America, South America and Europe.
He has written four seminal books about restructuring supply chains to gain massive advantage in business. He also regularly delivers keynote speeches at business schools and conferences such as University of Technology Sydney, Supply Chain Asia, Asian Bankers Forum, APEC Business Advisory Council.
He has been quoted in the authoritative business press and over 100 academic papers written by supply chain researchers around the world. Vivek and his team have examined thousands of supply chains during their projects over the last three decades and helped hundreds of executives build safe, cost effective and sustainable supply chains and careers.
THE PRINCIPLE AUTHOR
Today, Vivek and his partners are among 20-30 people on the planet earth who have this deep understanding of supply chain systems, practices and tools. CEOs, COOs, executives and Boards call them in most challenging situations once they know the full potential of supply chain based transformations. Following are key milestones in Vivek’s journey:
- Started in 1983 as a merchant navy cadet at 18 years age, worked his way to qualify as a Captain – qualified to take command of any merchant ship, worldwide.
- Earned a top tier MBA from UNSW at the top of his class.
- Joined highly regarded strategy consulting firm Booz Allen & Hamilton, consulting to the CEOs, Boards and senior management of global corporations within Australia.
- To learn and specialise in supply chain – against all odds, sought out the co-inventor of supply chain in Germany and convinced him to be a partner in his firm, GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN GROUP, launched in January 2000.
- More than 500 successful blue chip projects with high impact business transformations in large corporations using the full power of SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
- 4 Seminal and path breaking business books IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT – these are available in bookstores and universities and libraries worldwide.