Murali specialises in Supply Chain transformations and Technology Solutions. He has a strong track record of leadership in commercial and non-profit organisations, with special focus on CSR.
He is a veteran of IT industry with expertise in Technologies, Sales/Marketing and implementation of Business Solutions in Asia Pacific and General Management. As a State Manager at Microsoft, he built and managed $100M+ software business.
As the Manager for Strategic Global Partners, he built a strong Partner Channel, including ISVs such as SAP. He had served in various Solutions, Services & Consulting roles with Novell, Amdahl and IBM in Australia, NZ, Asia & India.
As an entrepreneur, Murali founded and run two IT companies & served on the Board of Public (ASX Listed) company in Australia. He also teaches Business/Marketing, Competitive Strategies to MBA students at Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM, Sydney).
He is a founding member, since 2002, of TiE (The Indus Entrepreneurs), the global network of entrepreneurs, which he built up as President over 5 years. He currently runs EmpowerIS as CEO, specialising in Supply Chain & ERP/CRM/BI solutions and also as Advisor to software companies & Investors (VCs, Angels, PEs).
Murali has a top Hons Degree in Electrical Engineering from IIT, India, top medal MBA from Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM), Director’s Diploma from Australian Institute of Company Directors(AICD) and he is a certified Enterprise Architect of TOGAF from The Open Group. Besides business, Murali is an active Social Entrepreneur, providing leadership to several non-profit organisations in charity, education & social transformations.
See other Team Members.
ABOUT THE PRINCIPAL AUTHOR
Today, Vivek and his partners are among 20-30 people on the planet earth who have this deep understanding of supply chain systems, practices and tools. CEOs, COOs, executives and Boards call them in most challenging situations once they know the full potential of supply chain based transformations. Following are key milestones in Vivek’s journey:
- Started in 1983 as a merchant navy cadet at 18 years age, worked his way to qualify as a Captain – qualified to take command of any merchant ship, worldwide.
- Earned a top tier MBA from UNSW at the top of his class.
- Joined highly regarded strategy consulting firm Booz Allen & Hamilton, consulting to the CEOs, Boards and senior management of global corporations within Australia.
- To learn and specialise in supply chain – against all odds, sought out the co-inventor of supply chain in Germany and convinced him to be a partner in his firm, GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN GROUP, launched in January 2000.
- More than 500 successful blue chip projects with high impact business transformations in large corporations using the full power of SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
- 4 Seminal and path breaking business books IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT – these are available in bookstores and universities and libraries worldwide.